Below is our archive of public news and announcements.
NEW BIBLE CLASSES BEGIN IN JULY!
Scroll down on our Bible Classes page to preview the new classes & studies for all ages this summer.
LADIES SHARE & PRAYER
All ladies are encouraged to join in our online share & prayer gatherings on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm. Please let Diane Folk know if you have a spiritual need that we can bring before the throne of God. Join us online.
June 14 - Host: Diane Folk
HIGH SCHOOL BIBLE CLASS
The High School Bible class will meet with the adults in the auditorium on Sunday, June 13th and Wednesday, June 16th.
ACTS: THE GOSPEL IS FOR ALL
We are studying through the book of Acts in our children's Bible classes! The gospel is for ALL! Make sure your child is completing their workbook before coming to class on Sunday morning and reading their daily Bible reading through the week.
Daily Bible Reading & Study schedule & memory work: Children's Bible Study Page
How did life begin? Where did humans come from? Was Noah’s Flood real? How old is the earth? Join us Wednesday nights at 7pm in July, August and September for answers about creation. This engaging study of creation science, Unlocking the Mysteries of Genesis, presents evidence that confirms the biblical account of creation and offers defensible answers to some of the most provocative and controversial questions of faith and science. This study will help you find many of the answers you need to affirm and defend your faith and to discover the harmony between Scripture and science. We want to reveal the empirical scientific evidence that undergird and confirms Scripture and take the message to those who are genuinely seeking answers in this generation and the next.
COVID UPDATE 6-3-2021
As we continue to transition out of our Covid protocols we will be phasing out the use of Zoom for our Bible classes and worship services. This Sunday, June 6th will be the last time Zoom will be used for the Sunday morning Bible class . Wednesday, June 9th, will be the last Zoom session for the Wednesday night class. We will offer our YouTube live stream for the Sunday morning Bible class through the end of June. Worship service will continue to be provided online via YouTube Live, primarily as an evangelistic tool or for members in unique circumstances.
Check out the June members calendar for Bible studies, special events, birthdays, anniversaries and more!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! SAVE THE DATE!
Please mark these on your calendars so that you can plan to be there!
- Sunday, June 27 Youth led Sunday
- July 16 - 18 Women's Retreat
- August 27-29 Men's Retreat
- September 6 Labor Day Picnic
- Sept. 17-19 Weekend Family Bible Adventure (VBS style) with Paul Sheehan
- MS & HS Monthly Dinner & Devotion - 3rd Sunday of every month (except June will be on June 27th)
COVID UPDATE May 20,2021
In view of recent revisions to CDC guidelines and announcements by the governor of North Carolina, the elders would like to take several steps towards 'returning to normal' but also recognize there are some changes that may be implemented somewhat later. Please note the following:
- We will continue to encourage individuals to be vaccinated as soon as practical since vaccines are now widely available. Should individuals have any concerns or questions regarding the vaccine, they should consult with their medical professionals.
- We will no longer request that masks be worn inside the building. However, any person that is more comfortable wearing a mask for any reason is certainly encouraged to do so.
- All pews will be opened for seating.
- Hand sanitizer will continue to be made available and we encourage people to use sanitizer.
- We will phase out the use of Zoom for the adult classes on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Worship service will still be provided online via YouTube, primarily as an evangelistic tool or for members in unique circumstances.
- The large classroom by the foyer will be available for any person that prefers to be seated in a socially distanced manner.
- Contributions will be placed in the slot and the basket in the foyer will be removed.
- We will continue the use of individual communion cups well into the summer.
- Bulletins will be handed out by greeters in the foyer rather than placed on the pews.
- Water fountains will remain closed. Please bring your own water if necessary.
- Foyer furniture will continue to be inaccessible - please continue to proceed directly outside after worship services.
ACTS: THE GOSPEL IS FOR ALL
May 2 - 8, 2021
Lesson 5: Teaching the Gospel to an Ethiopian
Acts 8 & 9
Daily Bible Reading & Study
Sat - Lesson 5
Sun - Bible Class
Mon - Acts 8:4-6,9-13,18-22
Tues - Acts 8:26-39
Wed - Bible Class & Acts 9:1-19a
Thur - Acts 9:19b-28
Fri -Acts 9:32-42
ABCs of Acts
H - Horrible Saul (ch 8)
I - Instructed to Change (ch 9)
CAMERON & JENNA MEEKS
With much prayerful consideration and being richly blessed by God, we are pleased to announce that Cameron & Jenna Meeks will be relocating to Concord and joining the work here. We believe Cameron & Jenna are a great fit for our congregation. Cameron will actually begin working virtually on April 1st and he and Jenna should complete their relocation to Concord in early June after they both complete their teaching obligations in Florida. This is something in which we can certainly rejoice and give all glory to God!
TIME CHANGE & BIBLE CLASSES RESUME IN-PERSON
Beginning Sunday, February 7, 2021, we will be starting our service at 9:30am. We will first gather in the auditorium for our worship assembly. After our worship assembly we will have Bible classes for all ages. Please follow the elders & ushers directions regarding dismissal to Bible classes in order to maintain social distancing.
WORSHIP IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
We are joyously worshipping in-person at the church building again. We will continue to provide online services if you are unable to attend.
We strongly encourage members to remain at home if they have any symptoms of the coronavirus or have been exposed to those that have the virus. Members should also consider remaining at home if they have recently traveled, particularly if they have been in contact with new populations of people. Members should consider their own vulnerability due to their respective health conditions in order to make the appropriate individual decision regarding their safety before assembling with others. Older members and those vunerable should join us online.
For your safety, we are striving to take all reasonable precautions and prepare appropriately. Therefore, our worship service will have a much different feel, primarily to achieve physical distancing for your protection. We will utilize about one half of our seating capacity due to taping off every other row and staggering the seating of families across the rows. Here are some other steps that are being taken for which you should be aware:
- Enter the building through the main doors into the foyer. The doors under the carport will remain locked and only used to exit the building.
- All adults and children 5 years old and older should wear a mask to reduce the chance a person unknowingly spreads the virus to others. Please wear your mask at all times except in partaking of the Lord's Supper.
- You will be greeted in the foyer and encouraged to move directly to the auditorium to minimize any congestion.
- Prepackaged communion will be available for you to pick up and take to your seat. We will not be passing trays during the service. There will be a basket in the foyer for giving.
- You will be ushered to your seat. Please arrive early to allow adequate time to seat each family. Sit only with your household.
- There will no access to the classroom wings or the water fountains. Bring your own water bottle if you deem that necessary.
- After the conclusion of services, families will be dismissed in an orderly manner by the ushers, by rows, and people will be asked to proceed directly outside.
- If we subsequently learn that anyone who attended a worship service has contracted the virus from any source, and therefore may have exposed other members, we will inform all members and urge anyone that attended the services to self-quarantine and seek advice from their medical professionals.
These uncertain and troubled times clearly reinforce something we already know: Jesus Christ is the answer!
Giving is an act of worship that expresses our gratitude and faith in God and shows our love for others. If you would like to financially support the work being carried out by the Concord Church of Christ, there are a few ways that you can contribute. See our GIVING page for more details.
MEMBERS MAP - NEW FEATURE
A new feature of the member's section of our website is a members map page. The member map page displays a Google Map with all members’ addresses plotted. This makes it easy to see which members live in similar or nearby areas. https://www.ccofchrist.org/members/members-map