ELIJAH: AUG 9-15, 2020
Date: Aug 9-15, 2020
Lesson 19: Elijah
Text: 1 Kings 16:29-17:16
Memory Verse: Psalm 37:25
A maker of life is our God! This next week in our children's Bible study we will be learning about Elijah and how God provided bread for him to eat when he didn't have any! We've created a Lesson 19 guide for parents to use in teaching their child at home. All previous lessons can be found on the Children's Bible Study page.
ONLINE BIBLE STUDIES & RESOURCES
Sundays - In-person and online worship at 10:00am. Click here for information about in-person meeting precautions & requirements. Our Virtual Studies page has information on how to connect online.
Mondays - ladies prayer & share at 7:00pm (1st and 3rd Mondays of the month).
Tuesdays - Middle School & High school classes are studying God & Me at 7:30pm.
Wednesdays - Online Assembly & Bible Study at 7pm; Two classes to choose from (1) the book of Matthew led by Anthony Spriggs and (2) Snapshots of Christ led by Adam Jones
Go to our Virtual Studies page for details on how to join in to each!
Childrens Bible class (preschool to 5th grade) guides can be found here and they include discussion questions for teens and adults to make this a Bible study time for the whole family!
All of these studies and times are listed on our calendar as well.
WORSHIP IN-PERSON AND ONLINE
We have joyously began in-person worship services at the church building again. We will continue to provide online services if you are unable to attend.
We strongly encourage members to remain at home if they have any symptoms of the coronavirus or have been exposed to those that have the virus. Members should also consider remaining at home if they have recently traveled, particularly if they have been in contact with new populations of people. Members should consider their own vulnerability due to their respective health conditions in order to make the appropriate individual decision regarding their safety before assembling with others.
For your safety, we are striving to take all reasonable precautions and prepare appropriately. Therefore, our worship service will have a much different feel, primarily to achieve physical distancing for your protection. We will utilize about one half of our seating capacity due to taping off every other row and staggering the seating of families across the rows. Here are some other steps that are being taken for which you should be aware:
- Enter the building through the main doors into the foyer. The doors under the carport will remain locked and only used to exit the building.
- All adults and children over 10 years old should wear a mask.
- You will be greeted in the foyer and encouraged to move directly to the auditorium to minimize any congestion.
- Prepackaged communion will be available for you to pick up and take to your seat. We will not be passing trays during the service. There will be a basket in the foyer for giving.
- You will be ushered to your seat. Please arrive early to allow adequate time to seat each family. Sit only with your household.
- There will no access to the classroom wings or the water fountains. Bring your own water bottle if you deem that necessary.
- After the conclusion of services, families will be dismissed in an orderly manner by the ushers, by rows, and people will be asked to proceed directly to their respective cars.
- If we subsequently learn that anyone who attended a worship service has contracted the virus from any source, and therefore may have exposed other members, we will inform all members and urge anyone that attended the services to self-quarantine and seek advice from their medical professionals.
These uncertain and troubled times clearly reinforce something we already know: Jesus Christ is the answer!
WEDNESDAY ONLINE ASSEMBLY & BIBLE STUDY
We will assemble together online on Wednesday evenings at 7:00pm to pray together as a church and share any news/announcements. We will then utilize Zoom's breakout room feature to break into two Bible studies: Snapshots of Christ led by Adam Jones and the book of Matthew led by Anthony Spriggs. At 8:00pm the breakout sessions will end and we will all be back in the same Zoom meeting to share and visit with each other for a bit.
For information on how to join the Wednesday evening assembly visit our Virtual Studies page.
Descriptions of each class and material can be found on our Bible Classes page.
Giving is an act of worship that expresses our gratitude and faith in God and shows our love for others. If you would like to financially support the work being carried out by the Concord Church of Christ, there are a few ways that you can contribute. See our GIVING page for more details.